Friday, December 15, 2006

Our First Family Walk.

The sky was pink and purple. The air was warm and the breeze smelt of the sea. The street was empty. Christmas lights, abundant in our neighborhood, started to come on. My little girl, Ella, my lovely wife and I all took our first family walk last Sunday. From our door down to the corner. Ella in her faux fur coat aided by her tiny-tikes walker made pleasant, happy noises as the three strolled down the street.

It’s impossible to describe the love of a father and husband. It’s impossible to tell you how I felt watching my daughter starting to walk and stand. Seeing her laugh at the Christmas lights and smile saying, “Hi!” over and over to Persephone. Life is so hard. We spend so much time worrying or being screwed, sitting in traffic, and fighting other people. But, for one half an hour with the loves of my life the world was a peace. I know that moment will never happen again and I’m proud of myself that I knew it and just let it happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading it! Can't wait to meet Ella :^)

Barry said...

Hop, reading this post was a big ol' tonic for me after my own nightmarish traffic experiences (every frickin' day). Thanks for sharing a bit of your sunshine.