New Political Term
Anyone who knows me knows that I very often have more free time and curiosity than I do sense. The other day was no exception. A "gentleman" stopped me on the street as I passed and asked if I wanted to hear some information on impeaching Cheney. "It'll never happen but sure lay it on me," I said. Now to make things clear I don't want anyone in the current admin impeached I want them out of office and for our country to move on, but this seemed good for a laugh. The guy went on about how a bill is before congress with so-and-so attached yada yada yada. I asked who was behind this bill, he turned his head and lowered his voice so I didn’t catch it all but I head the magic words, the verbal equivalent of a warning hiss from a Cobra, throes words? Lyndon Larouche. "Sorry I said I don't listen to anything he has to say, sorry." I said trying to leave gracefully. "Why is that?" he asked. Now there are a thousands lies I could have told but the truth came spilling out, "Because he's crazy," said I thinking that somehow this wouldn't lead to more problems. We talked and again I said that nothing I could say to him would make him see things my way. He wanted issues. I didn't have any, then again if he wanted to debate a stranger about the battle of Gettysburg he might be surprised to see the facts I have tucked away in my head. But I didn't have any other than the general stuff about Larouche and his global conspiracies theory etc. Normally I take exception being compared to McCarthy but in order to end this and have this guy stop following me I reiterated that we would never see eye to eye and said good day.
So I propose a new name to enter the political lexicon (ahem) "Larouche-bag"
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment